Graphite Tube Furnace
- Vertical or horizontal loading configuration.
- Operating temperature up to 3000°C (5432 °F).
- Usable work area (load) 4″ diameter x 12″ long (100 x 300 mm) or 4″x 8″ (100 x 203 mm)
- All graphite hot zone with graphite heating element and shields.
- Vacuum evacuation & inert gas system.
- Economical 3000°C system
- Stainless steel, double walled, cylindrical vacuum chamber
Chamber and hot zone
The furnace chamber is double walled, cylindrical, water cooled, stainless steel and polished. Two top and bottom access covers are made from water-cooled copper and then nickel plated. There are multiple chamber ports for the temperature, vacuum and gas system sensors and valves. A sight windows is present for the optical pyrometer. Loading is done horizontally, optional retort in place, through an access lid with the end cap removed.
The hot zone usable uniform work area is 4.0″ x 12.0″ (100 x 300 mm) or 4″ x 8″ (100 x 203 mm). Temperature uniformity is better than +/-10°C over the load area in vacuum above 800°C. The Graphite hot zone consists of a Graphite heating element and fibrous graphite insulation.
Vacuum & Gas system
The Vacuum System allows for operation in the 10-2 Torr range by means of a two stage rotary vane pump. Other components supplied for the operation of the vacuum system are a vacuum gauge controller with vacuum gauge, electro-pneumatic vacuum valve, vacuum air release and leak check valves.
The inert gas system allows for operation in Argon, Nitrogen, Helium, or non-flammable forming gas. The standard positive pressure for operation is 2 PSIG (0.14 Bar). A relief valve and a compound gauge (30 PSIG x 30in. Hg) are located on the vacuum chamber.Save
As an option a Flow Adapter Kit for continuous flow with (2) gas windows for use in a horizontal configuration is available, as well as a partial pressure control system.
Power Supply & Controls
The power supply consists of a three phase to DC, SCR-controlled transformer package capable of ramping the furnace up to 3000°C. All circuit breakers, contactors, auxiliary transformer, instruments and Volt & amp meters are cased in a single cabinet to reduce floor space.
Temperature Measurement & Control is accomplished by a total of two sheathed and coated type “C” thermocouples, and a two-color pyrometer.
A programmable temperature controller is supplied to control the hot zone temperature with the retractable TC and pyrometer. A temperature setpoint will trigger the control switchover to the pyrometer and retract the thermocouple to protect it from overheating.
An optional HMI control package is available as well.
A water manifold supplies cooling water to the various parts of the furnace including the main chamber, power cables, cooling plates, copper power feed through etc. A series of flow control valves are supplied to control the water flow to each circuit. A water flow switch is included and in the event that water flow is interrupted for more than 5 seconds, the furnace power will automatically be switched off.
Furnace Support: The furnace chamber can be rotated so that it may operate in the vertical or horizontal position. The console will be capable of supporting the entire furnace chamber, hot zone, vacuum system, water manifold, and gas manifold.
|Power:||55 kVA, 380-480 Volt, 3 phase, 50-60 Hz|
|Water:||9 gpm (35 lpm) flow, inlet temperature 70°F (20 °C) at 50-60 PSIG (3.4 – 4 bar)|
|Gas:||Argon, Helium, Nitrogen or non-flammable forming gas|
|Compresses air:||60-90 PSI (4-6 bar) filtered|
- High vacuum diffusion pumping system – for ultrapure environments
- HMI system – customized control system with PC user-friendly interface for fully automated runs and data acquisition
- Pyrometer and retractable TC – used for optical temperature measurement
- Partial pressure control – allows chamber pressure to be controlled to programmable setpoint
- Flammable gas system – add capability to heat parts in a reducing environment such as Hydrogen
- Retort – isolates the hot zone from the parts and improves temperature uniformity
- Chiller– for closed-loop cooling
- O2 monitor – for measuring oxygen content of supply gas or chamber environment
- Gas purifier – for removal of impurities from the gas supply
- CE certification – for export to International countries requiring CE
- UPS – to keep essential components operational during power outages
- CVD gas system – custom gas systems
- RGA – to analyze residual gasses in the chamber
- Ceramic firing
- Carbide growth
Go to Product catalog