See this furnace in operation in our TA-200 video!
Arc melt furnace TA-200 is identical to our SA-200 Arc Melt Furnace, but has three stingers instead of one, allowing for a bigger more homogeneous melt. It has a higher capacity power supply to accommodate three arcs.
With the addition of multiple electrodes, the molten puddle can be “stirred” or agitated by the welding arcs to improve blending of the alloy sample without concern of contamination from mechanical means.
This arc melt furnace has a 2” (51 mm) copper hearth with crucible which contains the sample material. This three arc model TA-200 comes as a complete turn-key system and can reach temperatures above 3500°C instantly. Custom hearth cavities to produce specific melt shapes are available at no extra cost when specified at time of order.
This system is ideal for University or R & D Laboratories as it comprises an affordable ready to run furnace with evacuation, inert gas, and cooling water components integrated into the furnace assembly as well as a 100% duty cycle power source. The Tri-Arc-200 has an optional crystal pulling feature when equipped with a variable speed crystal puller servo drive and linear actuator. See accessory listing for more detail on the crystal puller as well as other options and accessories.
Arc Melt Furnace TA-200
- Operating temperature: over 3500°C (6332 F).
- Bottom loading configuration.
- 360° viewing through Pyrex glass between top and bottom brass base.
- Vacuum chamber construction.
- Copper stinger with tungsten electrode.
- Copper hearth plate 2.0” diameter (51 mm).
- Power Supply: 350 Amp @ 60 % Duty Cycle, 15 Kva.
- Water cooled.
- Inert gas system with relief valve.
- Pumping system with roughing pump, vacuum gauge and valve.
Go to Product catalog