See this furnace in operation in our TA-200 video!
Arc Melt Furnace TA-200
- Operating temperature: over 3500°C (6332 F).
- Bottom loading configuration.
- 360° viewing through Pyrex glass between top and bottom brass base.
- Vacuum chamber construction.
- Copper stinger with tungsten electrode.
- Copper hearth plate 2.0” diameter (51 mm).
- Power Supply: 350 Amp @ 60 % Duty Cycle, 15 Kva.
- Water cooled.
- Inert gas system with relief valve.
- Pumping system with roughing pump, vacuum gauge and valve.
The chamber is constructed of a water cooled brass top and bottom, and has a full 360° viewing area. The Chamber is vacuum tight. Welding glasses on three sides protect the user from directly looking at the welding arc while operating the furnace. The top of the chamber houses the stinger which allows the user to move the welding arc around in the chamber, while the bottom houses the copper crucible which holds the sample material.
Three copper stingers with tungsten electrodes allow melting of the material in three places simultaneously. The arc stingers have replaceable tungsten electrodes for ease of operation and maintenance. Load balancing between the stingers is accomplished by the water cooled resistor assembly.
A vacuum pump, manual vacuum valve and mechanical vacuum/pressure gauge is supplied to evacuate the chamber below 0.1 Torr (mbar). The vacuum system allows the removal of air and oxygen from the chamber after the melting material has been loaded. Removal of oxygen prevents oxidation and/or combustion of the melting material.
The inert gas system includes a gas flow control with flow indicator, pressure gauge, and relief valve. Inert gas flows through a manual valve and a flow indicator so you can accurately modulate inert gas flow. The chamber pressure is displayed on an easy to read dial gauge. A 2 PSI (1.15 bar) relief valve insures that the chamber pressure does not exceed limits.
The furnace is water cooled to allow trouble-free continuous operation. The base and the top of the arc furnace chamber are water cooled, as well as the power cables and resistor assembly.
Available Options for Arc Melt Furnace TA-200:
- Rotating Hearth – programmable rotation of crucible for homogeneous melting
- Crystal Puller – allows the formation of single crystals using the Czochralski method
- Custom Melt Cavities – for custom melt shapes
- High Vacuum kit, Turbo or Diffusion pump – for ultra pure environments
- Load Lock– allows additional material to be loaded without breaking chamber atmosphere
- Splat Rod – allows quick dispersion of melt to provide instant cooling and solidification
- Oxygen Monitor – Monitors gas supply or chamber gas for O2 content
- Gas Purifier – Removes impurities in process gas below to 10-6 ppm
- Recirculating Water Chiller – Provides cooling water in a closed loop system
- Arc casting
- Powder melting
- Melting point determination
- Metallic buttons
- Creating alloys
- Crucible welding
- Material densification
- High purity melts
- Crystal growth
Go to Product catalog