Our 15 Ton (133 KN) Hot Pressing Furnace is available with larger chamber and hot zone sizes and is housed in a larger frame. The frame is able to handle the higher forces and larger samples compared to our 5 and 10 ton Hot Pressing Furnaces. Temperature and material specifications are similar to the HP 5-10 Ton model: 2300°C maximum with the press rods installed, 2600°C in batch configuration.
Besides the 4” diameter x 8” high (101 mm x 203 mm) hot zone, a larger 8” diameter x 10” high (203 mm x 254 mm) hot zone is also available. The press rods have 4″ (102 mm) of stroke with 0.001″ (0.02 mm) control increments. The Post and Platen Press Frame with load train is designed and manufactured to withstand well over 15 tons of force and is controlled within 0.01% of accuracy.
Hot Pressing Furnace 15 Ton
- Hot zone Size: 4” diameter x 8” high (102 mm x 203 mm)
or 8” diameter by 10” high (203 mm x 254 mm)
- Ceramic, 1650°C (3002 °F) maximum
- Molybdenum, 1650°C (3002 °F) maximum
- Tungsten, 2200°C (4000 °F) maximum
- Graphite, 2300°C (4172 °F)maximum
- 2600°C (4712 °F) capable in batch configuration
- +/- 10°C temperature gradient across zone
- 15 Ton (133.4 kN) load frame and hydraulic press system
- Travel 4” (101 mm) with 0.001” (0.02 mm) control increments
- Press Control with 0.02% accuracy
- Metal bellows create a vacuum seal on mobile press rods
Go to Product catalog