Mid sized Heat Treat Furnace
- Maximum 2200°C (4000 °F)
- 12″ x 12″ x 12″ (305 mm x 305 mm x 305 mm) usable hot zone
- Hydrogen, inert gas or vacuum atmosphere
- Excellent temperature uniformity
- Mesh or rod heating element
- Roughing, diffusion, turbo or cryo pumping system
- Optional heat exchanger for rapid cooling
- User-friendly HMI Computer Interface
Chamber and Hot Zone
The chamber is loaded from the front and contains a Hot Zone with a 12″ x 12″ x 12″ usable zone and a +/- 10°C temperature gradient. The heating element is comprised of four identical tungsten rod panels, providing four-sided heating. Six-sided heating also available. The elements are rugged and feature excellent uniformity and longevity at a low cost. Mesh heaters are also available for higher ramp rates and uniformity. The furnace chamber is manufactured from doubled-walled stainless steel welded together and polished for a clean finish and good vacuum integrity.
Numerous ports are incorporated for auxiliary equipment and sensors. The hot zone shields are mounted in a chamber frame, allowing for the thermal growth of the zone during the heat cycling. The optional gas heat exchanger allows for quick-cooling down to room temperature.
The furnace load is placed on the load support rails. The load supports are engineered to feature a high load capacity and a low thermal conductivity loss to the chamber walls.
Power Supply & Controls
Power to the hot zone is supplied by a three-phase SCR-controlled power supply which includes all necessary circuit breakers, a contactor, an SCR to modulate the power to the hot zone, a main step-down transformer matched to meet the heating element resistance, volt and amp meters, and a set of water-cooled power cables to supply power to the furnace.
Two control options are available, a control panel with switches, lights, temperature controller and vacuum instrument, or a Computer Interface package with HMI software and Industrial touch-panel PC. Both offer full control of the furnace and are easy to operate. The Computer package adds data acquisition, alarms, recipe storage, security and networking.
A type “C” sheathed thermocouple is supplied and can be used to measure the furnace temperature up to 2000°C. For maximum temperatures above 2000°C, a two-color pyrometer optically measures load temperatures. The TC is automatically retracted from the hot zone once the pyrometer has taken over temperature control. A safety over-temperature controller will shut off power to the hot zone if the maximum temperature is exceeded.
- The basic system, an evacuation system, consists of a Rotary Vane mechanical pump, an electro-pneumatic vacuum valve, and a vacuum gauge. This vacuum system will allow for operation in a vacuum environment (10-2 to 10-3 Torr range).
- A 4″, 6″ or 10″ diffusion pumping system can be provided to achieve vacuum levels down to 10-6 Torr. All our diffusion pump systems include a refrigerated cold trap to prevent oil backstreaming and to obtain a lower ultimate vacuum.
- A turbo pumping system or cryogenic pumping system with a “dry” roughing pump provides an oil-less vacuum system for ultra clean environments and obtains a vacuum level of 10-7 to 10-8 Torr range.
An inert or Hydrogen gas system provides an inert or reducing environment for the work samples during the heat testing. Partial pressure and custom gas systems are available.
The basic Inert gas system (Argon) includes a solenoid-operated inlet valve, a Compound Gauge (30 P.S.I.G. x 30 in. Hg.), a gas flow meter, and a 2 P.S.I.G. outlet relief valve to maintain a positive pressure. There is also a 5 P.S.I.G. over-pressure safety relief valve.
For operation in dry or wet Hydrogen, additional solenoids and sensors are supplied to provide safe and reliable operation. A burn-off kit will ignite and monitor any flammable gas exiting the furnace, a safety blow-off port is provided to relieve any excessive chamber pressure.
For a quick cool down to atmosphere in gas, a water-cooled gas heat exchanger can be provided.
Water Cooling System
The furnace water-cooling manifold consists of multiple circuits to adequately cool all the furnace parts and includes a strainer, pressure regulator, pressure gauge, water inlet and outlet manifold, and a water flow switch. The water flow switch serves as a visual water flow indicator and a flow interlock to protect the furnace in the event of a water flow failure. This switch turns off power to the hot zone contactor if water flow is below recommended minimum for a certain amount of time. Each part of the furnace is supplied with a separate cooling circuit that can be regulated by independent manual ball valves. All external surfaces remain below 50°C (120°F)
|Power:||kVA dependent on maximum temperature, 380-480-575 V/3/50-60 Hz.|
|Water:||kVA dependent, 10-15 G.P.M.(39 – 58 lpm) @ 70°F and 50 P.S.I.G. (3.4 bar)|
|Process Gas:||Argon or Nitrogen, Hydrogen 40 L.P.M. @ 50 P.S.I.G. (3.4 bar)|
|Compressed Air:||60-90 P.S.I.G. (4.1 – 6.2 bar) filtered.|
- High vacuum diffusion pumping system – for ultrapure environments
- High vacuum turbo pumping system – for ultrapure environments
- HMI system – customized control system with PC user-friendly interface for fully-automated runs and data acquisition
- Pyrometer and retractable TC – used for optical temperature measurement
- Partial pressure control – allows chamber pressure to be controlled to programmable setpoint
- Flammable gas system – add capability to heat parts in a reducing environment such as Hydrogen
- Retort – isolates the hot zone from the parts and improves temperature uniformity
- Chiller– for closed-loop cooling
- O2 monitor – for measuring oxygen content of supply gas or chamber environment
- Gas purifier – for removal of impurities from the gas supply
- CE certification – for export to International countries requiring CE
- UPS – to keep essential components operational during power outages
- CVD gas system – custom gas systems
- Load Cart – for easy loading and unloading
- RGA – to monitor chamber environment residual gasses
- Ceramic firing
- Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD)
- Chemical Vapor Infiltration (CVI)
- Diffusion bonding
- Heat treating
- Metallic alloying
- Metal Injection Molding (MIM)
Browse our Product catalog