Arc Melt Furnace SA-200 is our smallest arc melt furnace and has a 2” (51mm) copper hearth which holds the sample material. The SA-200 has a single arc and arrives as a complete turn-key system that can reach temperatures above 3500°C instantly. This system is ideal for college or R & D laboratories; it is our lowest cost arc melting furnace with an evacuation/gas system, and 100% duty cycle power source.
The SA-200 is very easy to operate and produces extremely pure melts and reaches high temperatures instantaneously. The SA-200 can be equipped with various options and accessories. Arc melt furnaces are a cost saving alternative to induction or resistance heated furnaces for applications where melt material is conductive.
The SA-200 has a compact design requiring minimal floor space, the system is equipped with casters making it mobile and easy to maneuver.
Arc Melt Furnace SA-200
- Operating temperature: over 3500°C (6332 F).
- Bottom loading configuration.
- 360° viewing through Pyrex glass between top and bottom brass base.
- Vacuum chamber construction.
- Single copper stinger with tungsten electrode.
- Copper hearth plate 2.0” diameter (51 mm).
- Power supply: 300 Amp @ 60 % Duty Cycle, 12 Kva.
- Water cooled.
- Inert gas system with relief valve.
- Pumping system with roughing pump, vacuum gauge and valve.
Go to Product catalog