Our 5 and 10 Ton Hot Press Furnaces have a 4″ diameter x 8″ high hot zone and can be equipped with a ceramic hot zone for operation in air (1650°C max.), or a graphite or metallic zone for operation in vacuum or inert gas. Maximum temperatures are 2300°C with press rods, 2600°C in batch mode.
The press rods have 4″ of stroke with 0.001″ accuracy, and pressures up to 10 tons are controlled within 0.01% of accuracy. Available pumping systems are diffusion pumping systems, turbo pumping systems or our basic roughing vacuum systems. For temperatures above 2000°C, a thermocouple retractor and pyrometer with automatic switch-over is supplied for smooth temperature control across the operating range.
The hydraulic frame is used for both our 5 Ton and 10 Ton Hot Press Furnace but with different hydraulic components. The furnace can be equipped with classic instruments and controls, or is also available with an intuitive and easy-to-use computer interface, allowing full control of the furnace while adding user security, data trending and logging, alarming, recipe management, networking, etc. The furnace can easily be converted to a batch furnace for production.
Hot Pressing Furnace 5-10 Ton
- Up to 2300 °C (4172 °F) in gas or vacuum, 2600 °C (4712 °F) in batch configuration
- 5 Ton (44.5 kN) or 10 Ton (88.9 kN) load frame and hydraulic press system
- Travel 4” (102 mm) with 0.001” (0.02 mm) control increments
- Pressure control with 1 lb (4 N) force increments
- Excellent temperature uniformity
- Graphite, Ceramic or Metallic hot zone
- Classic instrument control or a PC with HMI with user-friendly interface
- 4″ diameter x 8″ high (101 mm x 203 mm) hot zone size
Return to Product catalog