MRF Selected to Provide Multiple Precision SiC Crystal Growth Furnace Systems
Allenstown, NH – MRF, a world leader in high-temperature thermal processing solutions for advanced materials, has been selected by a major US based company, to produce multiple-precision furnace systems for the growth of silicon carbide (SiC) single crystals. The systems represent the most advanced generation of growth system technology.
The systems implement resistive heating, uniquely engineered to produce the desired vertical and radial thermal gradients, for processing 150 mm (6”) boules with capabilities for 200 mm (8”) development. Adaptive and accurate partial pressure control is integrated with the system and the state-of-the-art HMI control interface.
Silicon Carbide Crystal Growth Furnace
- Front Loading Vacuum and Controlled Atmosphere Furnace, with Rotating Growth Crucible, Front loading configuration enables direct access to the cylindrical heat zone
- Precision operation up to 2500ºC (4532°F) in controlled partial pressure of process gases
- Partial pressure control system with throttle valve yielding with a programmable range of 0.1 to 1000 Torr
- Graphite main heating element and adjustable graphite trim element to obtain desired vertical profile with minimal radial temperature gradient
- Rigid fibrous graphite insulation assemblies surround the heating elements systems
- Maximum recommended work area for a graphite crucible is approximately 10.8 inches diameter x 15.7 inches high, (275mm diameter x 400mm tall)
- 304L grade stainless steel electro-polished vacuum chamber and door
- Argon and Nitrogen process gas system with programmable flow rates using mass flow controllers
- Turbo vacuum system for high vacuum evacuation
- Top and bottom optical pyrometer allowing precise temperature control using the side and top heater
- Rotating crucible hearth with programmable rotation speed for improved thermal uniformity
- Furnace control system features a customized Human Machine Interface (HMI) with data acquisition, fully programmable automated runs, recipe management, security, trending and an intuitive graphical user interface
MRF is a global leader in precision thermal systems essential for the research, development and production of advanced materials. These advanced materials include ceramic matrix composites (CMC’s), advanced ceramics, and SiC crystals. For decades, we have pioneered some of the world’s most innovative, customized furnace systems, with a focus on enabling the processing of materials at high temperature in controlled atmospheres or vacuum. For additional information about MRF’s capabilities, please visit mrf-furnaces.com.
What our customers are saying about us….
“Many thanks to you and your team for working so hard on this. Much appreciated!!! It’s refreshing to see the effort and dedication that was put into this. I hardly ever see this in my line of work. A big SHOUT OUT to your company for making this happen. MRF can only grow and prosper because of your vision and dedication to the customer’s needs.”
Jim Obitz, Purchasing Manager, GFS Supply & Services Company Inc.
“Thank you. We really appreciate the good work you folks do for us. Please let everyone in your organization know that. I regret we are not going to be able to come run the equipment off, I enjoyed interacting with your team and miss expressing our appreciation myself.”
“I would like to express our complete satisfaction and confidence in Materials Research Furnaces for providing custom furnaces. MRF has been exceedingly responsive in manufacturing furnaces that meet our specific R&D requirements and embody a state-of-the-art computer/user interface that ensures ease of use and expedient training of users.”
“We are very pleased with the operation and performance of our MRF furnaces – two high temperature vacuum furnaces and a carbonization furnace. The level and promptness of support that MRF provides for their equipment is extremely impressive. This enables us to keep our operations running and maintain schedules. The product quality and level of service make it natural to consider MRF for our future equipment needs!”