MRF Furnace going into McGill University for Advanced Materials’ New Lab
MRF has had longstanding relationships within the various research and development fields in vast markets. Because of this, we have the honor and pleasure of working with some of the most diverse group of researchers and developers both in businesses and collegiate studies around the world. Our ability to provide the best options for custom furnaces, needed for both production and research, is one of the many reasons P2[AM]2 Lab located in the Mining and Materials Engineering Department at McGill University chose us to provide them with a Front Loading High Vacuum furnace for their research on the triangular interactions between powder metallurgy (PM), rapid solidification welding and additive manufacturing (AM).
The Laboratory for Powder Processing and Additive Manufacturing of Advanced Materials (P2[AM]2) directed by Prof. Mathieu Brochu is located in the Mining and Materials Engineering Department, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
The P2AM2 lab (formerly the NAIN lab) has focused its research endeavors on the triangular interactions between powder metallurgy (PM), rapid solidification welding, and additive manufacturing (AM) to develop new materials and manufacturing schemes. ( P2[AM]2 Lab)
The Research within the Laboratory for Powder Processing and Additive Manufacturing of Advanced Materials (P2[AM]2) at McGill University for Mining and Materials Engineering include:
- Additive Manufacturing to enable advanced materials manufacture
- Powder engineering for powder metallurgy and additive manufacturing
- Alloy development for rapid solidification conditions
- Field Assisted Powder Sintering
- Rapid solidification welding processes
- Model: F-14x14x14-MM-1600-VT-G-HMI
- Hot Zone: Molybdenum (Max Temp 1600°C)
- Maximum work area: 12 inches wide x 12 inches high x 12 inches deep. (305mm x 305mm x 305mm)
- Standard Argon gas system with a maximum operating pressure of 115 KPa Absolute (2 PSIG),
- High vacuum system with 1000 l/s turbo pump and backing pump, with vacuum valves, vacuum sensors and manifold for the evacuation of the furnace chamber to the 10-6 Torr range vacuum.
- HMI/PC data acquisition and control system consisting of an Industrial color touch panel PC running an intuitive HMI application, and a PLC with necessary input and output hardware to control the furnace temperature and atmosphere. The HMI provides automated run profiles, data logging, alarming, user security, trending, recipe management and an easy to navigate graphical interface.
Other options are available for this furnace. Learn more here
Who We Are…
MRF is a global leader in precision thermal systems essential for the research, development and production of advanced materials. These advanced materials include ceramic matrix composites (CMC’s), advanced ceramics, and SiC crystals. For decades, we have pioneered some of the world’s most innovative, customized furnace systems, with a focus on enabling the processing of materials at high temperatures in controlled atmospheres or vacuum. For additional information about MRF’s capabilities, please visit mrf-furnaces.com.