Hot Press Kit 0.5 Ton
- Low cost
- Rated 1000 lbs
- 2″ of travel
- Simple controls
- Includes vacuum insulated bellows and flanges
- Water-cooled cold rods
- 0.001″ dial indicator for travel
- No mounting frame required
Chamber and Hot Zone
The hot press kit is compatible with our front loading laboratory furnaces and mounts on the top chamber port. High strength bolts attach the kit to the chamber flange.
Power Supply & Controls
No power is required to operate the hot press kit. A manual pressure regulator supplies air at a controlled pressure to the air cylinder regulating the compression force. A dial indicator with 0.001″ resolution shows sample compression. Force can easily be derived based on the supplied air pressure.
Vacuum and Gas System
Vacuum-rated bellows isolate the chamber atmosphere from ambient while allowing free movement of the compression rod. These bellows are vacuum rated to 10-9 Torr and allow operation in positive pressures up to 5 PSIG.
Water Cooling System
The cold rod requires a small amount of water to remove heat conducted through the rod inside the hot zone. An insulator between the hot and cold rod significantly cuts down on heat loss. An inlet and outlet port are supplied and can easily be tied in with an existing furnace cooling circuit.
|Water:||70F (20°C) and 50 P.S.I.G. 0.5 GPM (2 lpm).|
|Compressed Air:||0-100 P.S.I.G. filtered. (0-6.9 bar)|
- electronic pressure regulating valve – for programmable automated pressure profiles when used in conjunction with a programmable controller
- load-cell – for electronic pressure/force measurement and feedback, allowing data acquisition and closed-loop control with electronic pressure regulation
- Hot Pressing
- Powder Densification
- Metallic Alloying
- Brazing, Annealing
- Diffusion Bonding
Go to Product catalog