Arc Melt Furnace SA-200
- Operating temperature: over 3500°C (6332 F).
- Bottom loading configuration.
- 360° viewing through Pyrex glass between top and bottom brass base.
- Vacuum chamber construction.
- Single copper stinger with tungsten electrode.
- Copper hearth plate 2.0” diameter (51 mm).
- Power supply: 300 Amp @ 60 % Duty Cycle, 12 Kva.
- Water cooled.
- Inert gas system with relief valve.
- Pumping system with roughing pump, vacuum gauge and valve.
The chamber is constructed of a water cooled brass top and bottom, and has a full 360° viewing area. During operation, three sided viewing through protective eye shields allows excellent visual exposure to the melt while blocking radiation from the welding arc.
The top of the chamber houses the stinger which allows the user to move the welding arc around in the chamber. The chamber base houses the copper crucible which holds the melt material. Clamps secure the crucible in place.
A vacuum pump, manual vacuum valve and mechanical vacuum/pressure gauge is supplied to easily evacuate the chamber below 0.1 Torr (mbar). The vacuum system allows the removal of air and oxygen from the chamber after the melting material has been loaded. Removal of oxygen prevents oxidation and/or combustion of the melting material.
Inert Gas System:
A manual gas valve is supplied to quickly back-fill the chamber to a slightly positive pressure after evacuation and to keep a blanket gas flowing while arc melting. A 2 PSI relief valve relieves excess gas while maintaining a positive pressure in the chamber. A flow indicator allows gas flow to be accurately modulated. Chamber pressure is displayed on an easy to read dial gauge.
A water manifold distributes water to the various water cooled components such as the power cable, stinger, chamber base and chamber top.
Available Options for Arc Melt Furnace SA-200:
- Custom Melt Cavities – for custom melt shapes
- High Vacuum kit, Turbo or Diffusion pump – for ultra pure environments
- Load Lock– allows additional material to be loaded without breaking chamber atmosphere
- Splat Rod – allows quick dispersion of melt to provide instant cooling and solidification
- Oxygen Monitor – Monitors gas supply or chamber gas for O2 content
- Gas Purifier – Removes impurities in process gas below to 10-6 ppm
- Recirculating Water Chiller – Provides cooling water in a closed loop system
- Arc casting
- Powder melting
- Melting point determination
- Metallic buttons
- Creating alloys
- Crucible welding
- Material densification
- High purity melts
Go to Product catalog