Arc Melt Furnace ABJ-338
- Operating temperature: over 3500°C (6332 F).
- Chamber hinges back for easy loading.
- 100% 304L grade stainless steel vacuum chamber
- Copper stinger with tungsten electrode.
- Custom copper hearth plate 3.38” diameter (85 mm) arrangement.
- Sight window with 2.75″ diameter (70 mm) viewport.
- One illumination port with halogen light.
- Power supply: 350 Amp @ 60% Duty Cycle, 14 kVA.
- Water-cooled power cables.
- Inert gas system with pressure relief port.
- Water safety interlock.
- Pumping system with roughing pump, vacuum gauge and valve.
The chamber is constructed of 304L grade stainless steel and electro-polished for good vacuum integrity and appearance. The chamber is double-walled for water cooling to maintain a chamber temperature below 50°C (120 F) during normal use. The chamber is rated for vacuum to 10-6 Torr (mbar). Access to the furnace for loading and unloading is done by lifting the hinged chamber backwards, which give complete access to the loading area.
One illumination port with halogen light is provided, the port for a pumping system is located on the bottom of the chamber, and a 2″ viewport with swinging eye shield is supplied. Clamps are provided to seal the chamber and isolate the chamber atmosphere.
The copper water-cooled heart plate has cavities to hold melt material. Custom cavity shapes are available at no charge when specified at the time of order.
The copper water-cooled stinger with replaceable tungsten electrode provides the tip for the melting arc. A water-cooled power cable supplies power to the stinger, and a ball joint allows the stinger to move easily around the chamber. The stinger tip consists of a 0.25” (6.4 mm) diameter thoriated tungsten rod, for easy arc starting and longevity.
A 2 CFM (56 LPM) evacuation pump is offered standard with a manual vacuum valve, which allows the chamber to be evacuated to the 10-1 Torr (mbar) range easily. A vacuum compound gauge allows chamber pressure to be observed. A back-to-atmosphere valve is provided to air release the system. A diffusion or turbo pumping system is available as an option.
A manual gas valve is supplied to quickly back-fill the chamber to a slightly positive pressure after evacuation and to keep a blanket gas flowing while arc melting. A 2 PSI relief valve will relieve excess gas while maintaining a positive pressure in the chamber. This furnace system was designed to operate in argon, nitrogen, or non-flammable forming gas. The standard positive pressure for operation is .14 kg/cm sq (2 PSIG). A 30/30 compound gauge (30 PSIG x 30 in. Hg) are located on the chamber to observe chamber pressure.
A water inlet and outlet manifold is supplied to distribute water to the various water cooled components such as the main chamber, power cables, chamber base, hearth plate, etc. A water strainer is supplied to prevent larger particles from entering the cooling circuits. A water flow switch is provided to interrupt power in case water flow is interrupted.
Available Options for Arc Melt Furnace ABJ-338:
- Custom Melt Cavities – for custom melt shapes
- High Vacuum kit, Turbo or Diffusion pump – for ultra pure environments
- Load Lock– allows additional material to be loaded without breaking chamber atmosphere
- Splat Rod – allows quick dispersion of melt to provide instant cooling and solidification
- Oxygen Monitor – Monitors gas supply or chamber gas for O2 content
- Gas Purifier – Removes impurities in process gas below to 10-6 ppm
- Recirculating Water Chiller – Provides cooling water in a closed loop system
- Suction Casting – Allows melted material to be formed into a cast by means of vacuum suctioning
- Arc casting
- Powder melting
- Melting point determination
- Metallic buttons
- Creating alloys
- Crucible welding
- Material densification
- High purity melts
- Vacuum casting
Go to Product catalog